NAEYC ACCREDITATION Equals QUALITY
Early Childhood Learning Center and Preschool – The Sandbox, Tucson, ArizonaBy choosing The Sandbox Early Childhood Learning Center for your child’s day care, preschool, pre-K, or afterschool centers, you are selecting a program that is accredited by the National Association for the Education of Young Children (NAEYC). For more than 20 years, families have relied on NAEYC Accreditation to ensure the quality of education and care provided in daycare programs for young children.
What is a high-quality early childhood program?
High-quality programs such as those conducted at The Sandbox early childhood school provide a safe and nurturing environment while promoting the development of young children. NAEYC Accredited programs demonstrate quality by meeting the 10 NAEYC Early Childhood Program Standards, which are based on the latest research on the education and development of young children and toddlers.
All NAEYC-Accredited programs must…
- Promote positive relationships for all children and adults to encourage each child’s sense of individual worth
- Implement a curriculum that fosters all areas of child development: cognitive, emotional, language, physical, and social
- Use developmentally, culturally, and linguistically appropriate and effective teaching approaches
- Provide ongoing assessments of a child’s learning and development and communicate the child’s progress to the family
- Promote the nutrition and health of children and protect children and staff from illness and injury
- Employ and support a teaching staff that has the educational qualifications, knowledge, and professional commitment necessary to promote children’s learning and development and to support families’ diverse interests and needs
- Establish and maintain collaborative relationships with each child’s family
- Establish relationships with and use the resources of the community to support achievement of program goals
- Provide a safe and healthy physical environment
- Implement strong personnel, fiscal, and program management policies so that all children, families, and staff have high quality experiences.
NAEYC Accreditation is awarded for five years. During that period, programs submit annual reports documenting that they maintain compliance with the NAEYC program standards. All NAEYC Accredited programs are also subject to unannounced visits by skilled and reliable NAEYC program assessors to ensure that they continue to meet the standards. To verify a program’s accreditation, please visit www.naeyc.org.